Followers

Monday, June 16, 2008

Swap Time!

I know I promised to share all of the cards from my swap group last week, but time got away from me and I didn't have a chance to take photos until this morning. Sometimes there just aren't enough hours in the day!
I decided to use the pirate image from my Billy set by Pink Cat Studio for my swap card this month. If you have a chance, you have to check out the new Billy set that was just released. It's called "Dress Up Billy" and it is adorable! Okay....back to our regularly scheduled programming....
For this card, I stamped out pirate Billy and his dog with black Staz-On and then colored them in with Copics. Then I cut them out and adhered them to the front of the card with dimensionals.
For the top part of the card, I tried to repeat the eyelet and laces pattern that was on Billy's vest. I used my SU natural hemp twine for the laces. I used my SU markers to color the images in the circles before I stamped them out. (To see a tutorial on how I cut out the circles and centered everything perfectly, check out this post.)
I knew that I wanted to have some kind of gold on the card, but didn't seem to have a stamp or embellishment that would work.
I'm a visual person, so I don't have my stamps stored in their cases. EVERY SINGLE one of my stamps is displayed on glass shelving on all of the walls in my workshop. (you can see a bit of it here)
When I couldn't figure out what to use for the gold accent on this card, I sat in my "spinny" chair and scanned all of the walls of my room, trying to think out of the box a little.
Can you guess how I made the gold nuggets / coins??

These are the coal buttons for the snowman in SU's "Cold Play" set. I Versamarked them all over the bottom of the card and embossed in gold. Mission accomplished!

Here are the cards that the other gals in swap group made this month:

Janice's card and envelope Katrina's card

Wanda's cardDarlene's card
Janelle's card
Donna's card
Marty's card

For those of you who haven't heard, the Stampin Up retired list was released at midnight yesterday! Click here for the list!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

WOW!! Your pirate Billy card is AWESOME!! What a great layout and colours, fabulous work!!

Anonymous said...

MacKenzie - just checked your blog again and it's getting "better and better"!! And I see you are on "Etsy" now! Let me know how that goes! (I haven't gotten to that yet!) - you go girl!! Janice