Followers

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Class Project #1

This is the first project we did at my class this past Sunday. I'm loving the Bali Breeze paper collection from Stampin Up right now, so we used that to decorate these mini books. I was able to get three of these from 1 sheet of 12 x 12 Certainly Celery cardstock.
This is the inside of my sample. Since the Bali Breeze paper is double sided, everyone's book came out totally different. We used the "Time Well Spent" hostess set and the photo corner punch to embellish. I went with a simple layout so it would be easy for people to add photos and / or quotes to their finished books. This is a side view of the mini book
Here's how you can make your own:
First you need to cut a piece of cardstock to 4" x 12".
Score that piece of cardstock at 4", 6" and 8".
Then just fold on the scor lines and decorate. I used mini velcro dots underneath the small scallop circle to keep the book closed.
If you make one of these, post a link to your photo so I can check it out.

2 comments:

CraftyC said...

A gorgeous book, thanks for the tutorial, have bookmarked it!!
Clairexx

Traveling Mama said...

Super cute project and great tutorial! Just wanted to let you know that I gave you an award... see my blog for the details!
www.travelingmama.net