Followers

Friday, July 18, 2008

Fool your family Friday!

At 6 o'clock this morning I was definitely regretting my second trip to Starbucks last night. I didn't get to sleep until about 6:30 this morning...
Here's the next installment of Fool Your Family Friday.Pancakes
  • 1 cup water
  • 1/2 cup sweet potato puree
  • 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice (optional)
  • 1 cup pancake mix

  1. Mix together water, sweet potato puree and cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice.
  2. Add pancake mix and stir just until combined.
  3. Pour batter onto pan using a 1/4 cup
  4. Serve with maple syrup

I make this batter on Friday night before I go to bed so it's ready for Saturday mornings. It's become a weekly tradition at our house!

I bought my sweet potatoes pre-washed and cut at Trader Joes. All I had to to was steam them for 10 minutes and puree in a food processor. I measured 1/2 cup into sandwich bags to freeze for future use.

These are delish! I'm going to experiment a little and try my next batch with canned pumpkin and walnuts.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: