On Wednesday evening, she suffered a seizure that lasted 20 minutes. She stopped breathing, turned blue and her body temperature went down to 90 degrees. The ambulance had to stop before they got to the ER so they could resuscitate her.
I'm having a really hard time dealing with this because I live 3,000 miles away and feel so helpless and useless at a time like this. I'm hoping to be able to fly out soon and give her a hug in person, but until then, I need your help.
She loves to get cards in the mail - who doesn't? Support from others makes her feel strong and gives her the will to fight. I would LOVE to send her a big box of beautiful cards with well wishes for her recovery. Is anyone out there interested in donating a card?
Here's some info about my Aunt Joan...
- She LOVES the color purple - not lavender, but dark purple. Her wonderful husband painted the shutters on their house purple just for her!
- She has her eyebrow pierced and looks awesome with it! How many 49 year olds do you know who can pull that off?!
- She and her husbands family run a greenhouse business. They have the most beautiful tulips and amaryllis that you've ever seen. Here's a link to their website - Holland Acres.
- She's an animal lover. Currently residing at her home are two Great Pyrenees, at least one bearded dragon and two cats.
- It will probably be several months before she's able to go home.