Followers

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Saturday sketch and new catalog sneek peek!

It seems like I never have time to play along with Lauren's weekly sketch. Today I was determined to get one done and I challenged myself to reach for a stamp set that hasn't been inked up in a loooong time. This sketch was really fun to use and something I never would have come up with on my own.

I used this yummy polka dot paper from "Seredipity" and colored my "Knobbly Gnome" in with my Copics to match. The grass on my card was just begging for some green Fun Flock, so on it went.

I did a fun flock tutorial a few posts ago that was featured on Card of the Week! You can click here to see it.

Did you notice that lovely pink scalloped border?? That brings me to my next topic - a Stampin Up sneek peek!

This scallop border punch will be available in the new catalog starting August 11th! This is such a great addition to their already awesome line of punches. The photo below shows what the back of the punch looks like.

To use this punch, just line up your cardstock with the edge of the punch as shown below.After you make the first punch, this is what you'll have.
To continue and make a border, just line up the punched cardstock with the silver scallop design on the front and punch your little heart out.
Ta-Da!
Thanks for stopping by! Have a fabulous weekend! I'll be back Monday with more eye candy.



Card Recipe:
Cardstock - SU Close to Cocoa, pink
Patterned Paper - Serendipity "Owl Pals"
Ink - Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa
Misc - Doodlebug sugar coated brads, polka dot ribbon, pink Stickles

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't wait for my new punch!!! It should be here on Monday!! This punch is going to be soooooo much easier then using the corner rounder to make scallops. Thanks for showing how to use it too!!!!

Carrie Gaskin said...

My punch is in limbo right now so I'll live vicariously through you....Great card though!

Lauren (mytime) said...

Oh I love your little knomb (?sp) So cute. The border punch is a must have I agree!!!!!!!!! Just adorable. Thanks for playing along with the sketch!

Anonymous said...

that is awesome...i can't wait till i make it to your next party!!

Sue from Oregon said...

cute card...I need to use my knobbly gnome to! One tip I use with my fiskars punches like this is to punch starting in the middle and work each side and then your pattern will be even on the ends. Does that make sense?