Followers

Friday, August 22, 2008

Counting down the days...

In our house, we use paper chains to countdown the days for special events. We've had one hanging on our front door for the last 37 days to track the number of days left before my little one started Kindergarten.

I made this card for my daughter to send to her Kindergarten teacher over summer vacation. On the inside my daughter wrote, "I'm counting down the days until Kindergarten."
The main panels of patterned paper on the front are by Luxe designs. I found them in the clearance bin at my local scrapbook store and just loved the colors. The mini paper chain and paper pieced dress are from SU's Bali Breeze collection. Oh, and I can't forget about that cute little girl in the middle of everything. She's from SU's "All in the Family" set.

Hope this made you smile. Have a happy day.
Don't forget to come back tomorrow to see Lauren's new sketch.

4 comments:

Monica Hunter said...

I've never heard of paper chains used that way -- what a neat idea! The card is so cute, I'm sure the teacher loved it!

Unknown said...

This is too stinkin' cute!!!! I have heard of doing this but never tried it myself. Might give it a go!!!

wendyp said...

that is just too cute!!! Love the idea of using paper chains to count down days with.

Catherine said...

you are just too darn creative =)
her teacher would love this...swee, sweet card