Followers

Friday, October 3, 2008

Ready to fool your family?

I shared this recipe with you back in June, but thought I'd share it again so my new blog readers could try it out.
This recipe has quickly become a family favorite and my kids were asking me all week to make this for dinner, so on Tuesday I made a HUGE pot of it by doubling the recipe. We've been gorging ourselves on leftovers for the last few days and now sadly....it's all gone."Buttered
" Noodles


"Simple buttered noodles make most kids very happy. In this version, they're getting their veggies, too."

Here's what you'll need:
8oz. of your favorite pasta noodles (I used Penne)
1/2 cup of butternut squash puree*
1/4 cup of nonfat milk
2 Tablespoons of butter
2 Tablespoons of grated Parmesan
1/4 teaspoon of salt


Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to package directions until al dente.

Drain, return the pasta to the warm pot, and stir in the squash puree, milk, butter, Parmesan and salt.

YUM-O!

* To make the butternut squash puree, just steam it and put it in a blender or a food processor. I was able to get about 3 cups of puree, which I pre-measured into 1/2 cup servings and froze to use as needed.

I bought my butternut squash at Trader Joe's in the refrigerated section by the salads. The squash was already cubed, pre-washed and ready to cook. Couldn't be simpler!



My buddy Libby suggested substituting baby food for the puree. I think that's a super idea!
Be sure to check back tomorrow for Lauren's Saturday sketch!

1 comment:

Libby Hickson said...

I'm going to have to try this one!