Followers

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Saturday Sketch Time!

Is anyone else REALLY glad that it's Saturday?!

Here's Lauren's sketch for today... This week I used the sketch for inspiration rather that my exact layout. I needed a card for a party that we're going to tomorrow for an 8 year old boy. I don't usually use a lot of ribbon on boy cards, but I just couldn't resist tonight.
I made the large square element a window for my little raccoon and then just went on from there.
Be sure to check out what the rest of the design team did!
Alicia, Dawn, Kim, Kirsten, Kristy, Maria & Tamara




Card Recipe
Stamps - SU Hip Hip Hooray, So Many Scallops
Cardstock - SU Pumpkin Pie, Bashful Blue, Whisper White
Patterned Paper - scraps
Misc - Riding Hood Red taffeta ribbon

8 comments:

Lauren (mytime) said...

As always so cute! Love that old SU! set. Perfect for the challenge. I like that you flipped it.

Deb said...

Cute little boy card! The card is great for this challenge. The ribbon looks great too!

Mary said...

I think it looks great! Your bow is perfect, then again I am a ribbon fanatic!

Kathy W said...

awesome coloring job and I agree the ribbon really works here.

Unknown said...

Cute card and great sketch!!

Heather Schlatter said...

MaKenzie,

I really like this card! So cool with the bright colors! I do not remember seeing that Racoon, I have to research that some!

I remember when Melissa featured your card on Pink Cat on the Blog with a link to your Blog. That is how I first found you, and your awesome creativity. I thought WOW she is so lucky and how in the world did she think to make a room for Lily??? Well, Yesterday Melissa e-mailed me that she was going to do the same thing with my latest Lily card, and add a link to my Blog! I am so so so excited! I never thought that would happen! I know how excited you must have been now. I still will never forget your Lily in her room, and just love seeing your new creations every day!

You are a wonderful Stamping Artist, and such an inspiration!

Heather

Amy Gordon-Pruden said...

OK, you gave me a hard time for only posting once a week so now it's my turn. I need some new inspiration to look at. Are you busy being a mommy and wife again?

Emily said...

Looks great, thanks for stopping by last week, here is my take on the sketch