Followers

Monday, October 20, 2008

Stamp Club Challenge

I'm in a fun Stampin Up club that meets once a month and at our last get together we were issued a challenge. We each got a piece of patterned paper that was die cut with the new SU "Top Note" die.
Here's the piece that I chose...This double sided paper is from the new Autumn Vine Designer Series collection from the Holiday Mini Catalog. I chose this particular pattern because the colors are WAY out of my comfort zone.

Being the strange little scramper that I am, I decided to use the negative part as well.
Here's what I came up with..
Isn't that little owl the cutest thing ever?!

He's from "Oliver & Friends" by Sassafrass and has been sitting on my shelf collecting dust for the last two months - tragic...I know. The sentiment on the bottom right is by Hambo and was perfect for this card. It was SO hard to not add ribbon to this, but when all was said and done, I didn't really think it needed it.
Now I just need someone to send this to....


Hugs,


CARDSTOCK: KRAFT, REALLY RUST, SAGE SHADOW
PATTERNED PAPER: AUTUMN VINE DESIGNER SERIES
INK: VERSAMARK, CHOCOLATE CHIP, REALLY RUST
MISC: PAPER PIERCER, FOAM DIMENSIONALS

4 comments:

Monica Hunter said...

I think this is one of my favorite cards I've seen you do. It's just AWESOME! I love everything about it. Great job!

Kathy W said...

well done, it's it great how challenges get you out of your comfort zone and look what great work you created!

Heather Schlatter said...

MaKenzie,

I just can not wait to get my big shot and top note in a couple of weeks! The top note is just very awesome. I have seen so many things done with it, but I love, love, love how you used the negative right there on the same card!

I may have used the negative somewhere, but never would I have thought to use it right there with the positive! Great Idea!!!!

Thanks for sharing with us.

Finally got time to play with the sketch last night. I did 3 different takes on it, because I needed to cards to mail, out and the sketch was so easy and simple it inspired me to get the cards made!

My Takes are here:
http:/heathersheavinlystampations.blogspot.com

Can't wait to see what you share tomorrow!

Heather

Unknown said...

Your card turned out awesome!!! I never thought to use both the postive and negative on the SAME card!! AND you can send the card right on over to me!!!!!