Followers

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Do you know what time it is?

That's right! It's Saturday and that means a new sketch from Lauren! For my card this week, I used SU's "Just Jawing". I've been wanting this set since the new catty came out and I finally got it in my hot little hands! I cut out the hearts and made them mini shaker boxes with clear micro beads inside. For the square elements, I made score marks every half inch to add a little texture. Then I turned the paper 90 degrees and did it in the other direction.

Here's a close up of all the yummy bead goodness inside.
I hope you're feeling inspired and want to play along with us!
Be sure to check out what the rest of the design team divas did.
Alicia, Dawn, Kim, Kirsten, Kristy, Maria & Tamara

Lots to do to prep for my class tomorrow. Have a super weekend!


CARD RECIPE
CARDSTOCK - SAGE SHADOW, RIDING HOOD RED, PUMPKIN PIE, WHISPER WHITE
STAMPS - JUST JAWING
INK - BASIC BLACK, VERSAMARK
MISC - CLEAR MICROBEADS, SCOR-PAL

7 comments:

Emily said...

I love the card and the set, o' yea and the colors.

Lauren (mytime) said...

How cute is that??! I love how you glittered it up. The eyes are a cool touch too. I especially love the way you did the photo with the glitter scattered.

Anonymous said...

A-freaking-dorable!

Heather Schlatter said...

MaKenzie I love this card! I want this set too!

Love the shaker boxes. I will leave a comment when I get the time to play later!

Thanks so much for sharing, but can I just go make this card now because I really like it? My next door neighbor got this set yesterday with her first Demo order so I could borrow it!

Heather

Little C's Creations said...

Cute Card, Mac-K!! Love how you put them lil' beads that you put in the eye sockets. That skull is so cute, I never thought I'd think a skull would be cute - but gotta be SU! to make it look that way, huh?!

Hope everything is fab with you, girl...

Hugs,
Jen

Unknown said...

I love the idea of making the eyes the shaker boxes!!! Too freakin' cute!!!

Kathy W said...

great card, like the shaker card idea!