Followers

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

My first oval

When I saw Jen's sketch this past weekend, I decided to play along because it was a layout that I had never done before.Here's what I came up with...
I used an image from House Mouse that hasn't seen ink a a really long time. Since the main image has a lot of detail, I decided to keep the rest of the card clean and simple by just using solid cardstock and avoiding patterned paper. I decided to go with Green Galore, Real Red, Very Vanilla and Close to Cocoa. To finish it off, I added some delicious red velvet ribbon and sponged Creamy Caramel along the edges of the Vanilla cardstock.



Here's the Christmas version that I did....
For this one, I gold embossed the poinsettia image from SU's "Spotlight on Christmas" set. Then I embossed a holiday sentiment along the bottom and added some ribbon from the Winter mini catalog.

Honestly....not my favorite card, but we all have a dud every once in a while right?

Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Both cards are great! Love House Mouse images, and your colors for the Christmas card are gorgeous!