Followers

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

May Class Sneak Peek!

On the first Sunday of each month I teach a Stampin Up class at my home. I come up with three projects each month and promise to give the gals a sneak peek at two of them. This month we'll be making three cards with a floral / nature theme.
Here's the first one.... This one has a black base paired with Vanilla cardstock and patterned paper from the "Urban Oasis" collection. The main image, from 5th Avenue Floral, is stamped with Kiwi Kiss ink and the sentiment (which I love), is layered on top with black ink.

To balance the card, I used my 1" circle punch on the same patterned paper and folded part of it over the back. Then I poked two holes with my piercer and added a couple of black brads.

I've been using my Scallop Border Punch ALOT lately, so I wanted to change things up a bit for this card. To make the border on the left, I used my Round Tab Punch.
Here's how...
First, I took a piece of Vanilla cardstock cut to 4 1/4" x 1" and drew a line 1/8" in from the right side.

Starting from the center, I matched up the top of my punch to the line.

Then just repeat, lining up the bottom edges to each other.


Here's the second card we'll be making...
I just love this color combo of Elegant Eggplant, Kiwi Kiss and Pacific Point.
Yum-O!

For this one, we'll be using "Trendy Trees" and a Stamp-A-Majig to get everything lined up.

Here's how I did the main panel...
I took a piece of Pacific Point cardstock cut to 3 1/2" x 4 1/4" and used a border punch on the short side. Then I scored it at 1" up from the border and at another 1/8" up from the first score mark. These two score lines will create a little pocket for me to tuck my main image into.


Side view...
Hope you found my mini tutorials helpful.
I'll be back tomorrow with a little Hambo creation for "ewe"!
Hugs,

4 comments:

C said...

Beautiful creations!! Congratulations on being chosen for the MY TIME design team. Can't wait to see what you create.

Kathy W said...

Mackenzie- tfs the little tips/tricks you did for you cards, so going to steal-um try them out.
I like the eggplant and kiwi combo too.

Janice RR said...

These are great! Can't wait to make them Sunday . . . would NEVER have thought of that color combo, but I love it!! Janice

Maria said...

Wow, great project for your Stamp class Mackenzie! Your customers will definitely have fun making those cards. . .they're beautiful. I love the reversed scallop idea! Great use of the punch and border punch. Thank you for the tutorials too!! aAll of your cards and projects are fantastic!! Awesome job!

Maria