Followers

Monday, May 11, 2009

Bling Bling

Hope you all had a great Mother's Day!
Today is the start of another week and that means a new challenge over at Christmas Stampin All Year Long! Do you think we're all crazy for working on Christmas cards in May? I usually send out 120 cards each year and by December 1st, I turn into a totally crazed stamper trying to get everything done. The one thing I hate about the holiday season is the stress that comes along with it. So, with out further adieu, here's to a stress free holiday season!

Today's challenge comes from team member Vicki.

"So how does one add a little Zing with Christmas Bling? Well you can use Glitter........... Red, Green, Gold, Silver.........anything that suits your fancy! Maybe a some Rhinestones or Blingy Brads, Some Pretty Embossing anything that resembles Tinsel or Christmas Lights! LOL!!"

Here's what I came up with... For this one, I used Kiwi Kiss, Baha Breeze and some crazy patterned paper from SU's "Ski Slope" collection. For the layout, I used this sketch.
The sentiment is from SU's retired "Alphabet Soup" set. I stamped it out with Riding Hood Red ink and added diamond Stickles to the letters. To finish it off, I added ten red jewels to the main panel.

So....are you game? Are you ready to play along with us?
Check out what the rest of the team did and add a link to YOUR card here!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

FUN! Love the bling -- and I love the pattern your created with the paper. I really SHOULD start on my cards now...last year I wimped out and sent photocards from Snapfish...I was at least proud of myself for being able to admit defeat ;) Have a super day!

Maria said...

Hey Mackenzie! 120 cards. . wow, you must know a lot of people! How many have you made so far? I agree. . creating the cards early will mean a "less" stressed Christmas! I'll probably find something else to stress about!!

Your card is awesome! Love all the bling and the zing on your card. . .so pretty!!! It's always fun to see what you come up with each week!!! Keep up the great work! Your cards are beautiful!!

Maria