Followers

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Round and round and round and...

Hey guys! Happy Survivor Day!
Will Coach get voted off tonight? One can only hope.

Here's what I've got to share with you today -
A new sketch from Amy... I finished up all of the cards for my Mother-in-law yesterday, so I thought I'd share another one with you today.
Very clean and simple. I really like it.
For this one, I stamped out a mini paper crane image in Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Brilliant Blue and Elegant Eggplant. Then I punched each one out with a 1" circle and layered it on top of a 1 3/8" circle. Four of the 1 3/8" circles fit perfectly in a vertical row on the front of a standard card - just in case you didn't know. Instead of a strip of paper under the circle elements, I decided to keep it simple and make score marks on either side. I did 3 on each side and spaced them 1/8" apart. The sentiment was stamped in white Craft ink and means "thank you" in Japanese.

And.....yep....you guessed it.
ANOTHER Christmas card!
For those of you who may not know, I made a deal with myself back in the middle of March to create a Christmas card in addition to ANY card that I make for a sketch challenge. I've already got about 30 done!! Yay me!

Here's the Christmas version of today's sketch...
For this one I used my favorite little flour bags from Hambo. The gingerbread image is from an SU hostess set in the last catalog called "Deer Friends" and the cookie sentiment is from a stamp I picked up in the $1 bin at a craft store in Hawaii. I used my Stamp-A-Majig to make the sentiment fit the area that I wanted it in - LOVE that thing!

I have Christmas cookie swap every December and may use these as my invitations this year.
Thanks for stopping by!
I'll be back tomorrow with a new recipe to Fool Your Family.
Hugs,

2 comments:

Kathy W said...

wonderful creations!

Maria said...

Hey Mackenzie! Awesome card for your mother-in-law. How sweet of you to make cards for her. . .she must love you as a daughter in law! LOL!!

Wow, you're on the roll with those Christmas cards. You must already have a huge stack of them. Awesome!! I should start making two a week. . .I think I'll vamp up my production in June.

Your Christmas card is fantastic!! Keep them coming!!

Maria