Followers

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Some sad news...

Hey everyone.
The kiddos and I arrived home safe and sound from our trip to New Jersey over the weekend. Unfortunately we came home to some sad news. My friend Barbara, who attends a monthly stamp club with me, lost her sister to cancer on Friday evening. She had been battling the disease for over two years. My heart goes out to you Barbara.

On that same day, fellow "My Time" design team member, Alicia Weiman lost her four year old son Ethan to cancer as well. He had a very long and courageous battle with this horrible disease and his little body just couldn't take anymore. I can't even imagine what she and her family must be going through right now. Ethan had a younger sister, Ava, and Alicia is pregnant and due later this year.
Here is a picture of precious little Ethan...

Alicia kept an online journal about Ethan.
You can read the entries by clicking HERE.

As you can imagine, Ethan's medical bills are staggering.
The "My Time to Create" design team has put together a fund to collect donations for Alicia and her family. There's a link on my sidebar if you'd like to make a donation. Big or small, it all adds up. Or, if you'd rather send a card to the family, just e-mail me for their mailing address.

I'm emotionally spent right now.
My son lost his best friend to a fatal asthma attack 7 weeks ago. Telling my son about his friend is THE hardest thing my husband and I have ever had to do. It's so hard dealing with the death of a child. I'll never understand it....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Kenzie....I'm so sorry to hear about all that! Makes my heart ache for everyone. I hope the parents and your friend Barbara can find the strength to get through everything. Makes me grateful for what I have...
Love you- Schmendy

Monica Hunter said...

I'm so sorry to hear this news MacKenzie! Thoughts and prayers are being sent on behalf of your family, and all the other ones who have experienced these losses. Big hugs! Monica

Judy Rozema said...

MacKenzie, I am so sorry. My daughter lost one of her very close friends the day before her birthday earlier this year and it was a VERY hard time. I can understand how you feel. I am sorry to hear the news about the other children as well, and am sending prayers for strength and wisdom and compfort!