Followers

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Sympathy - 5th Avenue style

Before I get to todays card, I wanted to thank all of you for your comments and e-mails regarding my last post. I don't normally share personal things on my blog, but GEEZ, how much can a girl take?! It felt good to get it all out (and perhaps the 4 glasses of champagne helped also...) I've always been amazed at the kindness and generosity of those in the stamping community. You gals are the best!!
I'm also happy to report that the "My Time to Create" team donation fund has already raised over $350 for the Weiman family! Amazing...

And now back to our regularly scheduled programming.
Here's a card I put together last night for my friend Barbara who lost her sister on Friday. I really hate making sympathy cards, but hopefully it will bring some comfort to a friend during a tough time.For this card, I used images from SU's "Fifth Avenue Floral" and a sentiment from Hero Arts. I black embossed the floral images onto gold cardstock and trimmed around the bottom edge. Then I layered that onto white shimmery paper and mounted it onto a basic black base. I gold embossed the sentiment and finished off the card with some paper piercing across the top and bottom edges.

Thanks for stopping by.
I promise to have something cheerful to share tomorrow.

No comments: