Followers

Monday, August 31, 2009

Christmas Stampin All Year Long

Happy Monday to all of my fab readers!
Today brings a brand new challenge from the CSAYL blog.
Today's challenge is to:

CREATE A CARD USING TRADITIONAL COLORS -
GREEN, RED AND A DASH OF SILVER OR GOLD

Here's what I came up with...

I made the base a 5" square out of red textured paper and paired it up with some fun green polka dot paper from Scenic Route. The polka dot ribbon is by Stampin Up and I'm just in love with it! It's so nice to work with. It ties nicely, cuts like a dream and is just too cute!

The reindeer image is from SU's "Winter Post". I punched it out with the new 1 3/4" circle punch and layered it on top of a red frame cut out with my Nestabilities. For my "dash of gold", I added some brads to the main panel and heat embossed the reindeer and sentiment.

Hope you like it!
Be sure to hop on over to the CSAYL blog and check out what the rest of the Christmas Divas came up with. Hopefully they will inspire you to come up with a fabulous creation of your own to link to the challenge post!

Did you play along in our "Shaped Card" challenge last week? Lots of creative entries, but this snowglobe card by Lisa was my favorite.


8 comments:

Claireabelle said...

Love this! Fabulous
x

Cathy said...

This is really cute!! Great take on the challenge. Hugs, Cathy

Maria said...

Hey Mackenzie!!! Wow, your card is gorgeous! I love the elegant look to it. . and the great nestie shapes!! Awesome job on the traditional colors with the touch of gold. The embossed reindeer tops off your card very nicely!

Hey, when are you going to leave for your vacation? Oooh, you're such a lucky girl . .take a lot of pics!!

Maria

Monica Hunter said...

Such an elegant card, and I love the layout!

America said...

So adorable! Great job on challenge!

Marcia said...

This is a grat card - and fits the challenge perfectly!

Marcia said...

this is a great card - and great take on the challenge!

Lisa said...

Such a beautiful card, very elegant looking!

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog and check out my CSAYL submission. I am glad you liked my snowglobe card!