Followers

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

For two little love birds

Thank you so much for your sweet comments and e-mails regarding yesterdays post. I'm glad that I decided to share that with you.

I'm back today on a much brighter note and needed a card for a happy occasion. My cousin just got engaged, and I wanted to pop a card in the mail to her. I figured this was the perfect opportunity to finally use a cute new set by SU called "Aviary". I used the "Kioshi" paper pack by BasicGrey and paired it with Perfect Plum, Bashful Blue and Mellow Moss inks. I popped up a mini heart at the top of the cage for some dimension.
Here's a detail shot of the top corner. I colored some Scrappers Floss with a Copic marker before I threaded it through the button, and then added some pearls to "fancy" it up.

I finished off the bottom half with a rub-on sentiment and a chipboard heart from my stash.
This was the perfect opportunity for me to play in my purple room and get my mind off all the drama of the past few days. Thanks for stopping by - {{{hugs}}}

1 comment:

Kathy W said...

fab card!, great colors