Followers

Monday, June 9, 2008

Class Project #3

Do you remember the set of gift cards that I shared with you in this post? I really wanted to have a box to hold them and their envelopes, but couldn't find any templates that were the right size. I ended up creating my own box and after several attempts going right into the trash can, here is what I came up with.
I used the wheel from the "Spring Solitude" Hostess Bundle with Chocolate Chip ink on Kraft cardstock. The cute sentiment is from a set called "It's All Good" which I punched out with my 1" circle punch. The accent colors are Pumpkin Pie, Certainly Celery and Taken with Teal.
Here are the specifics on the box:
  1. For the bottom of the box, you will need to cut a piece of Kraft cardstock to 3 1/2" x 10 1/2".
  2. Score along the 10 1/2" side at 1 inch
  3. Score along the 3 1/2" side at: 1", 4 1/4", 5 3/4" and 9"

  1. For the top of the box, you will need to cut a piece of Kraft cardstock to 2 3/4" x 10 3/4"
  2. Score along the 10 3/4" side at 1 inch
  3. Next, I lined up the right edge of my cardstock to the LAST notch mark on my Scor-Pal and then scored at: 10 1/2", 7", 5 1/2" and 2".
    (see photo below)

For the band around the box, you'll need to cut a piece of Taken with Teal to 1 1/4" x 10 3/4" and follow step #3 above.

Next, I took the horizontal slit punch and used it to create a large scallop border - this technique works the best for me because I can't cut a straight line with those decorative scissors to save my life! I like to start in the middle so I have a nice even pattern.

All you have to do is slightly overlap the punches.

Then you just pull away the extra paper
After my scalloped border was punched, I attached it to the box lid and assembled. I wrapped the wide celery grosgrain ribbon around the top edge of the teal and accessorized with my 1 3/8" circle and 2" scallop punch.

Hope this was helpful! I'll be sharing the cards from my stamp club later this week.

No comments: