Followers

Monday, July 28, 2008

Birthday Tortoise

Got lots more e-mails today regarding this post. Thank you, thank you , thank you. I just love how the stamping community can rally together when it counts! There's still time if you want to join in!

I picked up this cute tortoise image by Inkadinkado months ago and finally had a reason to ink it up. Not that I didn't have a "reason" when I bought it....ehem...okay I didn't! But it was too cute to pass up - so there!

My doctor, who is a fellow "scramper" in her spare time recently adopted a tortoise from a rescue. She'd been on the waiting list for 5 years and finally got THE call. She now has a tortoise living in her backyard named Austin. Every time I go to the doctor, I'm entertained with stories about how Austin has eaten every blackberry on the bush and has purple lips, or how he likes to lay in his play pool with arms and legs totally spread out enjoying total relaxation.

I thought it would be fun to make an all-occasion set of tortoise cards for her. This was the first one that I came up with. I'm still using up this paper I won in a raffle last year. The presents and party hat are from the Lily set by Pink Cat Studio.

Thanks for stopping by. I have some SUPER exciting news to share with you later this week!!
CARD DETAILS:
PATTERNED PAPER BY DOODLEBUG
CARDSTOCK BY STAMPIN UP (PUMPKIN PIE, BLUE BAYOU)
STAMPS BY INKADINKADO, PINK CAT STUDIOS & HERO ARTS
BLING BY DOODLEBUG
INK BY STAMPIN UP (BASIC BLACK, PIXIE PINK, WILD WASABI)

1 comment:

Melissa said...

So cute MacKenzie! That is one talented tortise :)