Followers

Friday, July 25, 2008

A gift bag and some blog love

The kids and I were stuck at home all day waiting for a phone call - that never came. We got bored and decided to make a gift bag to go with this card.

I totally stink when it comes to wrapping gifts. By the time I make the perfect card and pick out the perfect gift, I just want to wrap it up and get it done with already! Terrible, I know.


The kidlets and I are heading to a birthday party tomorrow and the gift has been sitting on my dining room table, unwrapped, for a week. We all sat down together this afternoon and here's what we came up with.

My son definitely wanted to use the Cricut, so I let him make Emily's name with the "George" font cartridge.
I used the same Whipper Snapper koala stamp, but instead of white fun flock on his belly, I used white liquid applique.
And of course we put Stickles on the balloons and party hat.
We even stamped birthday sentiments on the tissue paper! I'm happy with the way it turned out and best of all, the kids LOVED it. My son said that he'll have the prettiest present at the party and that was all I needed to hear. I vow to take as much time and effort into wrapping my presents, as I do in picking them out.

These are the Copics that I used

Oh and I got some blog love from my buddy Tiffany over at "My Crafty World" ! Thanks Tiffany you totally made my day! Go check out her blog if you have a chance because she's got some cute samples of her swaps that she's getting ready for SU convention!

Thanks for stopping by. I'll be back later today with another "fool your family" recipe.
Hugs,

No comments: