Followers

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Last minute gift for a movie lover

We were invited to a birthday dinner on Monday night for a gal who LOVES to go to the movies. I decided to run over to Costco and pick up a couple sets of movie tickets for her. On the drive home, I was trying to think of a quick but cute way to wrap them up.

Here's what I came up with. This was so easy and only took about 10 minutes to make!

First, I whipped out my Hello Kitty popcorn maker (actually my husband has claimed it as his, but let's not get into that). I took a small handful of kernels and popped them without using butter or salt. While that cooled...

I cut a scrap of patterned paper to 4 x 6 1/2 and scored it at 1" and 5 1/2". Then I scalloped the border on the longer side.

Next, I took a clear card box that I got from Papertrey Ink and inserted the patterned paper. No adhesive necessary.


Then, I took a yellow piece of cardstock, cut it to approx 4 3/8 x 6 1/4.
I fanned out the tickets and attached them with repositionable adhesive to the yellow cardstock.
Then I slid the cardstock with tickets attached inside the box and filled up with popcorn!
So cute AND easy!
I'm the worst at wrapping gifts, so I was really happy with how this came out.
Hope you like it!
Be sure to come back tomorrow for Fool Your Family Friday.
Until then...

6 comments:

Emily said...

such a unique Idea, love it!!!

Alicia Weiman said...

Very cute....love the idea! I'm curious about the Hellow Kitty Popcorn maker?? My daughter loves Hello Kitty!

Eve said...

I have these same boxes-
What a great idea you came up with!
Would work with Blockbuster movie cards too!
Very cute!

Unknown said...

OMG OMG OMG! You are BRILLIANT! I just love this! I have a family of big time movie lovers and this is just so clever and quick! I sure am glad I saved all those Papertrey Ink boxes that the stamps come in.... :D

Thanks for sharing!

Marilyn Goodrich said...

You are BRILLIANT! Love it, love it, love it!!!

Kristen said...

thanks for sharing, kenzie! i love it and i know that my grandpa will be so impressed when he opens it on Christmas! ;) had fun with you the other night...even if I did only bowl a 50! if you can believe it, i hit two strikes and a spare in the next game...go figure! see you on the 6th! :) kristen