Followers

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

An apple for teacher

We celebrated Teacher Appreciation Week recently and I wanted to share a couple of quick gift boxes that I made for two of our favorites.The kids and I worked on these together and then filled them with as many cards as they could hold. I used the same instructions as I did on the box in this post, however I made the lid and base a little bit larger to accommodate the larger envelopes that I had.

After a couple of trial runs on scrap paper, I ended up with these measurements:
Lid - 7 3/8" x 8 7/8" scored at 1" on every side
Base - 8 1/4" x 9 3/4" scored at 1 1/2" on every side

Before I made any score marks I stamped the cardstock for my lid with an apple image by Hambo. Then I scored, used my scallop border punch along the edges, folded, and adhered the corners with red sticky tape.
Here's a side view...
For the front of the box, I used Teacher Anya by The Greeting Farm and a stack of books by Hambo.
Then I just cut them out and layered them on miscellaneous scraps from the ol' scrap bin. To finish off my little boxes and make them feel a little more "special", I used my Cricut "Opposites Attract" cartridge to cut out their names.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Hugs,

No comments: