Followers

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Another class sneak peek

Today I have another peek at one of the projects we'll be doing at my June class.
We'll be working on cards and projects for the men in our lives. Sometimes men are difficult to buy presents for, but what guy doesn't like a nice gift card to Home Depot or Lowe's? That's definitely a gift that any guy can use.
Here's a "manly" gift card holder...
No template or cutting required for this one!
The boxes were all cut out with the Sizzix Big Shot. The die is called "Box #2 Bigz XL Die" and is in the current catalog.
Oh, and the other GREAT thing about this little box is that it only requires about an inch of adhesive to assemble it! See the red sticky strip on the right edge? That's all you need!
Everything else just folds together...

Once assembled, I added a 10 1/4" x 1 1/2" strip of textured pattern paper from the SU "To the Nines" collection.

I wasn't quite sure how I wanted to decorate the front, so I just started playing around with my punches and had a happy accident. First I punched a piece of grey cardstock with my Word Window Punch...

Then I grabbed my 1" circle punch and did this...

I adhered the two pieces together and made a little wrench!
I made two wrenches and attached them to the front of the box with dimensionals.

This mini box is perfect for a gift card or a small present for dad. Thanks for peeking!
See ya tomorrow,

5 comments:

de said...

Oh wow! Very creative and what a great Father's Day idea!

Monica Hunter said...

You're so stinkin' clever! Love that wrench, love the gift card holder! :)

Kathy W said...

clever wrench! you have an amazing creative mind

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Totally cute and creative! Love those little wrenches!

shelley- aka hairchick said...

Totally cute wrenches! That for sharing :)