Followers

Saturday, June 6, 2009

"My Time" sketch challenge

The minute this post goes live at midnight, the kids and I will be landing at Newark airport in New Jersey! We left San Francisco at 3pm, but with the time change, we landed at 11:59am. Am I crazy to be driving from the airport to my Aunts house from 12-2am? Perhaps....but sometimes you have to make sacrifices to get an AWESOME deal on airfare! Let's just all pray that there's a Starbucks on the way...

We'll be staying with family for the next week, but since I offically have stamping OCD, I've got all my posts, challenges and projects scheduled to magically appear every night at midnight as usual.

Here's Lauren's sketch challenge for today... Here's what I came up with...
Remember "Do The Hula" from Stampin Up? I fell in love with this set when it first came out. The base is Tempting Turquoise cardstock and I used the hibiscus image from the set and Versamarked it to create my own patterned paper for the background. The pink patterned paper is from an SU Simply Scrappin kit that was retired a while back. To finish it off, I added some sugar coated Doodlebug brads to the top right corner and a yellow button to the ribbon.

And yes.....
Since I was working with a sketch challenge today, I also made a Christmas card!
For this one, I used Elegant Eggplant for the base and accented with Close to Cocoa and So Saffron cardstock. The little penquin is from Whipper Snapper and the snowflake and postmark images are from SU's "Winter Post" set.

To add a little sparkle, I put Doodlebug Sugar Coating on the ball of the hat and added some jewels to the strip of Saffron cardstock.

Be sure to check out what the rest of the design team did with the sketch.
They are all linked on my sidebar ------------>

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
I'll be back with a scheduled post on Monday.

8 comments:

Lisa Kind said...

These are so cute, MacKenzie! Love the tropical colors on the first one and the deep richness of the second! Have a great vacation visiting family!

Kristin Eberline said...

Love both of your cards! What a great idea to make a Christmas card every now and then throughout the year. I should take up that habit :O)

You colored the hula girl beautifully! The fresh colors in your palette remind me of Hawaii. I miss it :(

Hope you're having a wonderful time on vacation!

Handmade by Odette said...

Great use of the sketch MacKenzie! I went to Maui a few years ago and your card reminds me those days!!
TFS, great job!

Dana Gustafson said...

Oh awesome MacKenzie! I LOVE this hula set too! So glad to see her on your card. It reminds me to remember to give my long-time favorite stamps some love. Beautiful job on the challenge.

Enjoy your va-cay!

Unknown said...

AWe - Mackenzie -- these are both GREAT! that Penguin...how stinkin' cute! And the hula girl -- lovin' all those fun colors :)

Have a great time on your trip!!

AKiteFlier said...

MacKenzie these are just adorable. So is is true that every time you do a sketch challenge you also make a Christmas card??? I especially love the penguin card. :-) super job with the challenge.

Maria said...

Great job. That penguin is great!

Unknown said...

I just love your card and this sketch too!!! I played along with this sketch. You can see my card here: http://mycraftyworld.blogspot.com/2009/06/get-well-soon.html
Thanks for all your inspiration!!