Followers

Monday, May 3, 2010

Don't talk to me until I've had my Starbucks

I'm definitely a "don't talk to me until 10am" kind of gal, so I just love this image. Her name is "Coffee Kiki" and you can find her right here at Little C's along with all of her other cute CC Designs friends.

After I had little Kiki stamped out and colored in, I thought she needed a little something in the background to ground her. I decided to try drawing my first wood floor and took pictures along the way - you know, just in case it came out well and was blog-worthy! Being my first attempt, I was thrilled with how it came out and thought I'd share it with you today.

And let me just say that if I can do this, ANYONE can.
Using a ruler and a 0.05 Copic Multi Liner, I drew in a wood floor and a baseboard.


Then I used Copic E49 (Dark Bark) to scribble around the edges and do a little shading under her feet.


Then I blended in some E29 (Burnt Umber).


And filled in the rest with E57 (Light Walnut).
To finish it off, I filled in the baseboard with Y28 (Lionet Gold - not pictured).

I hope that you found this helpful and give it a try!
Thanks for taking the time to stop by my little corner of the world today.
I hope you have a happy day!

3 comments:

Claireabelle said...

Fab card MacKenzie, I know exactly how she feels LOL
x

Emily Leiphart said...

I love this and I love your floor! I need to get myself one of those Copic pens. ;)

AUSTINSGRAMM said...

Beautiful card and thanks for the tutorial to make the floor and baseboard. Love how it looks. I have to try it.

thanks,
bobbi